Pages - Menu

Friday, January 2

U.S.C Trojans beat Penn State 38 - 24

Bowl games. They don't really inspire me. Not like the NCAA basketball's March Madness. Fill the brackets and let them play. Upsets, Cinderella stories, career-making games, and down to the wire goodness. Sure, there are some problems with the way teams are picked and seeded into the basketball tournament, but it's far less arbitrary than the football bowl system.

I'm sure I'm not the first person to think it, but I swear that the teams that get a bowl game are less about their records on the field and more about their ticket sales in the bleachers. In actuality, a playoff system would end up making the schools and broadcasters involved more money. But the biggest advantage would be to let the players show just how good their team is. As it is, I bet USC believes it could take either Florida or Oklahoma.

No comments: