Pages - Menu

Thursday, January 8

Keeping up with the UK Wildcats on the go

With a busy schedule keeping us on the run, it's harder and harder to catch all of the Wildcat basketball games on TV.  Sometimes I'll take a small radio with me and listen to the game, but there are times where I can't pick up a station that broadcasts the game.

I've discovered that I can use an app called TuneIn Radio on my phone to listen to the games.  Once you have the app installed, you can try searching for "University of Kentucky basketball" or "wkym".  WKYM is a radio station out of Monticello, KY that has a live stream which covers the basketball games, and I've had better luck listening to them.  If you are using data to listen to the games, my android phone seems to use around 10mb of data for every 30 mins of listening time.  So keep that in mind.  If you end up going over your data limit, don't blame me.

You can also use the app iHeartRadio and search for the station WLAP.

If you are a fan of other teams, you can probably use this same trick with a little bit of research to see what stations carry the games and broadcast online.

No comments: